14 January 2014

Brand of the Week: It's all about MeMeMe

The past week or so I have been spending time making up lists of videos to film for my Youtube channel, and well, let's just say I ended up with a very long list.

That is why in part, I decided to create this blog so that I could share some of my beauty know how and knowledge through this outlet as well. That's not to say of course that I won't be planning demo videos in the future, but it is just so hard to find the time to film and edit when my poor camera and computer are in need of some TLC :)

Anyway - back to the topic at hand.

Welcome to the first of my "Brand of the Week" segments. Today I wanted to start with a new exciting and affordable upcoming brand MeMeMe Cosmetics.



Website: http://www.mememecosmetics.co.uk/

What is MeMeMe Cosmetics?

MeMeMe cosmetics is an exciting and new innovative makeup company that I only really became aware of in the past six months or so despite their website saying they have been around since at least 2009.

Their motto is "Free Spirits Only". The brand claims to be heavily influenced by Ancient Greek Goddesses as well as Rennaissance art which they believe brings out "the free spirit in us all". This influence can be seen throughout the collection in the names chosen for most of the products they have to offer and the beautiful adorned packaging quite similar in structure to that of Benefit cosmetics.

"We pride ourselves on offering affordable luxury within an eclectic range of handbag essentials, on trend editions, classic lines and gift collections as individual and versatile as our customers and genuinely believe in going that extra mile in everything we do"

For more about MeMeMe cosmetics visit the link above. 

 

How / When did you first hear about MeMeMe Cosmetics?

The first time I ever encountered MeMeMe cosmetics was just a little over six months ago when I received Cherub's Blush Cheek and Lip Tint in my monthly Glossybox subscription. I was hooked! 

What was the first thing that caught your attention about MeMeMe?

The beautiful packaging! 

I will add some pictures of the products I own over the next few days, but needless to say if you click the link to the website you will see what I am talking about. There is something so sleek, sultry yet refined about their packaging that is very attractive to avid makeup enthusiasts like myself.

After this of course was the  beautiful range of products they offer. They remind more of Benefit in the sense that Benefit cosmetics focuses on enhancing your beauty through the use of quite subtle tones and highlighters. If this is your style of makeup then MeMeMe if for you. 

They stock the most wonderful range of girly cosmetics from beautiful nude lipsticks to the most pigmented shimmery eyeshadow and just about everything in between.

What is your favourite product to date from MeMeMe?

Without doubt, I cannot live without my Blush Me! in the shade Pink. I love really hot pink blushes and this one is just beautiful!

I have sensitive skin - can I use these products?

I suffer from very sensitive acne prone dry skin, so I am always dubious about trying new products. 

I personally can say that I have had no adverse reactions to the products I will be reviewing over the next few days. 

However, that is not to say that you won't have a reaction. It is always important to remember that everyone's skin is different, make sure you are giving your skin adequate time to adapt to the product and test it out first on inconspicuous areas.

MeMeMe does have some information about allergies on the website FAQ page. 

Would you consider this brand to be similar / dupe to another brand?

I can definatley make a lot of comparisons between MeMeMe and Benefit. While MeMeMe is a mere fraction of what you can expect to pay at the benefit counter, it does not in my opinion scrimp on quality.

Is is a Cruelty Free Brand?
*Yes. MeMeMe does claim that it and its third party affiliates do not test on animals.

*"We are pleased to inform you that neither MeMeMe or any third party acting on our behalf has ever conducted any animal testing." MeMeMe Website as of January 14th.



What is the price range? 
€-€€

As I mentioned before, my local pharmacy has a beautiful fully stocked MeMeMe cosmetic stand with a decent range and variety of products priced between €6 and €20. 


Where can I buy MeMeMe Cosmetics?

I would recommend checking out your local pharmacy because I have noticed it arrive in several stores now. It is also available from Superdrug and online.

Pros:
-  Affordable
-  Compact and Stylish packaging
-  Great quality
-  *Cruelty Free

Cons:
- Limited suppliers in Ireland at the moment.

Final Verdict:

I am in LOVE with this collection. Obviously - massive history and art buff so - totally sold on the Greek and Renaissance inspirational side of things. 

Aside from that, I love the range they have to offer, the beautifully feminine packaging and not to mention the impact on my purse. 

This brand's products are a definite must for those who want to expand their makeup collection at a fraction of the cost. 

I hope that they continue to bring out "the free spirit in us all"

Amy <3


2 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Blender Sponge pointed & rounded tips for multiple . I prefer the beauty blender or the sponge from Real Techniques over this one.
    Find More Here Cosmetic Brands In Duba | BH Cosmetics

    ReplyDelete