18 January 2014

MeMeMe - Blush Me!

Today's MeMeMe product review is their fantastic blush - Blush Me! in the shade Pink.




First Impressions:

Again, the packaging immediately drew my attention. I have always wanted to own one of Benefit's range of blushes but the hefty price tag has always deterred me. I think what really caught my attention was pure interest to see if this product offered similar quality to what Benefit could offer. I purchased the product and was pleasantly surprised. Not only the shade beautiful on the skin but you get quite a lot for your money with this one.


Packaging:

The packaging for this blush is very similar to Benefit. The blush comes encased in a small card box with a removable lid - unlike Benefit's blushes which have a swing back box lid. The inside of the lid however does have quite a nice little mirror. 


Each blush also comes with a great quality synthetic brush. 




Blush:


The blush I chose is a beautiful rosy pink. What I love about this blush is that it also has specs of glitter which give your cheeks and your complexion a beautiful glow.

These blushes also pack quite a lot of pigment so a little goes a long way. 

The overall net weight of the blush is 8g / 0.23 oz. So you get the same amount of product for 1/3 of the price of a Benefit blush. 

What surprised me most about this blush is how similar it is to my favourite blush which I have used every day for the past year - and that's MAC Mineralize blush in the shade Dainty. 

While dainty does give a bit more of subtle rosy pink glow - the texture and quality of the product are pretty similar.
 

Application tips:
 
1. Using the MeMeMe brush: Swirl into the blush and tap off any excess. Gently sweep the blush over your cheekbones and blending back into your hair line.
 
2. Using a regular fluffy blush brush: Swirl your brush in the blush and dab off any excess on the back of your hand. Starting on the apple of you cheek - (which you can locate directly under the outer corner of your eye - not beside your nose) Lightly blend your blush across your apples and up your cheekbone towards your hairline.

Similar to:
MAC Mineralize Blush - Dainty
 
Price Range:
€10.99 (as of April 2014)
 
Final Verdict:
I love this blush. It has been my "go to" blush since I bought it. I love the radiance it gives to my skin. It also looks beautiful on camera or in pictures so I would absolutely recommend it if you are planning a party or photo shoot.

Even though this blush is similar to Benefit's range of blushes, I just wanted to point out that this does not mean Benefit blushes are in anyway inferior. Benefit does have a beautiful range to offer and it's always nice to treat yourself to something from the high end ranges once in a while as you are pretty much guaranteed the quality.

This review is really just to point out that you don't have to spend a fortune to have really great quality makeup, and I truly believe that MeMeMe does not scrimp in that area. If you are looking to expand your range or shades of blushes I would certainly recommend having a look at their collection. 

1 comment :

  1. What's the staying power of this guy? I've been focusing on skincare and skipping foundation (concealer only) and blush just DOES.NOT.STAY. was wondering maybe this could stand a chance? I'm oddly excited about the range (also, mirror in the box-genius!).
    I've currently been using clinique or sleek ok daily basis. Clinique faded after a couple of hours to almost nothing.

    ReplyDelete