14 March 2014

Where have I been?

Hey guys!

I'm so sorry!! Long time no blog :/

I promised myself I wouldn't do this with this page - but due to unforeseen circumstances, namely an injury - I have been struggling to get all my thoughts together somewhat coherently in an attempt to give you guys a worthwhile blog.

To fill you in on what I have been doing for the past few weeks since my last post would not be a very long post at all. To say I have been doing nothing is an understatement! I was ordered to rest by my doctors a few weeks ago (I know you think I would have more time for blogging and video's right? - Wrong!) What was supposed to have been a 4-6 week rest period to repair an injury has turned into a 10 week long nightmare of agony and waiting.

I don't want to particularly discuss the nature of my injury here until such a time as I have all my details correct - but I think that I will eventually share with you all about the particular injury I am suffering from in terms of explanation, diagnosis and treatment. The reason I want to do this is because there is little or no information out there about my condition - which to the best of my knowledge at the moment is basically being described to me as a bone disease induced and worsened by a trauma.

As a result of this I have been unable to walk correctly without pain or do any form of exercise for the past 10 weeks. Needless to say I have endured many sleepless nights and gained approximately a stone in weight.

I wanted to share this blog with you guys today not to make you feel sorry for me, but rather to let you know that I am not giving up

I will walk normally again - most importantly pain free. 

I will dance again. 

I will be healthy. 

I will be happy.

It may be a long road - but I will not give up on myself and I want to remind you all to never give up on your dreams no matter what life throws at you. I am so fortunate to be surrounded by so much love and support from my husband, my family and my friends. I really don't know how I would have gotten by without them. They have reminded me daily that no dream is too big and no goal is too far - we just have to keep pushing ourselves and believing they're achievable.

Thanks for taking the time to read this <3 

I love you guys x Thank you as always for your support and understanding and I am excited to share with you all my endeavors this year <3

Amy x



No comments :

Post a Comment