31 July 2014

Throwback Thursday | Ramblings in Writing

This morning as I was trawling through years of old Facebook posts, I discovered some hidden notes I had written lurking in the depths which I found quite interesting.

Being the history buff that I am - I have always valued Facebook as a platform for sharing and I love going back on occasion and finding out what I did this time last year, two years ago, even five years ago!

What I find most interesting about this however, is seeing my own development and how much my own circumstances have changed. 

I wanted to share the post I discovered this morning because what I loved about it more than anything else, is how I had set myself a goal of things I was most looking forward to for 2010, while also reviewing my most memorable achievements in 2009.

A lot has happened since then, but it brought a smile to my face this morning to look back and see just how much I have accomplished since then and how I achieved what I had been most looking forward to. 

I see a lot more of these kinds of posts in my future :)



2009 Summary and 2010 Resolutions

31 December 2009 at 02:47
Wow.. this year really has flown by hasn't it!?

2009 was such an eventful year for me!

I started off the year with the worst flu ever which I'm now convinced may have been swine flu!! We booked Disneyland Paris at the beginning of the year, little did I know Shane had other big plans for that holiday.

Along came Paris on March 16th, and at 11am, not even an hour in Disneyland! Shane popped the question on the balcony of the Sleeping Beauty castle, as we overlooked the quite and misty morning park while "Once upon a Dream" serenaded the silence. It was possibly the most romantic and beautiful moment of my life, I could not have dreamt of anything more perfect! Nor could I have asked for anything more perfect than my amazing fiance!

That week was such a great week, between us getting engaged and spending it with my two best friends! We had the time of our lives! We even got to see off the very last Buffalo Bills wild west show! What an amazing holiday!

2009. I also finished my first year at NUI which I really enjoyed.. did ok in my exams to my relief and made some amazing friends.

With the start of second year feeling only like yesterday, its amazing how much has happened! I can't believe semester one is over already!! But the best thing about second year is the amazing friends I have made!

I know I've probably left a tonne of stuff out in my summary of 09, but here's a few things I have to look forward to in 2010.

1. Spending time with my fiance in London when he takes me to see The Phantom of the Opera on March 17th!!!! Can't wait!
Note: We had a blast in London! We were lucky to be able to take in so much in the short time we had there but the highlight for me was definitely getting to see The Phantom of the Opera!

2. Dana coming home xx
Note: I still love my Dana <3

3. Starting my final year of college! S:(
Note: My final year was amazing!

4. Starting our wedding plans.
Note:  By August of 2010 we had pretty much made up our mind about when and where we would get married! By the end of the year - we had everything booked! 

5. Apartment / House hunting
Note: We moved into our first home together on the 22nd of March 2010! :)

You know what the one thing I learned this year was? No matter how hard you try for something you're destined to fall. It's the things you truly feel worthy of that you can hang onto. This past year has taught me alot about friendship, love and more than anything else myself. And I have loved every minute of it!

So here's to an amazing year 2009 and a toast for another amazing year when we ring in 2010.

Happy New Year Everyone.

My new years resolution is: Be more spontaneous, live, love and laugh. :)



Signature photo Signature_zps98b94e16.png

No comments :

Post a Comment