23 December 2014

My first Vlogmas

Hello my lovelies,

I know I haven't posted a blog in a while and I have promised myself that I would get all of my social pages up to date before Christmas!

Where have I been the last month you ask? Well you will just have to head over to my Youtube channel and see! Everyday this month I have been posting a daily video blog (a vlog) on my channel MakeupandBeautybyAmy!

Now that I am coming to the end of Vlogmas 2014 I wanted to share a few thoughts on my experience.

It's certainly no secret that I watch a BUNCH of Youtube vloggers on a daily basis so vlogging or video blogging has been something that I have been interested in doing for a very long time.

I started my Youtube channel in 2012 so being new the scene as the year came to a close I really wasn't confident enough about filming my life that Christmas. In 2013, I certainly considered taking part in Vlogmas but again I was nervous about uploading a video documenting my life considering I wouldn't think myself to be the most entertaining of people.

Given everything that I have went through this year however, I decided that it would be a great learning curve and opportunity for me to take finally take part in Vlogmas this year. Despite the many hardships I have overcome so far in 2014, I believe that everything I have gone through this year has made me a stronger person and although I have a long way to go yet before this journey is completed, I really wanted to share a snippet of my life with all of you. After all - much of my confidence and encouragement comes from you guys.

Here are a few things I have learned while daily vlogging:
1. Always make sure the camera is charged and the card is empty!
2. You don't ALWAYS have to film something for it's entertainment value - after all this is your life and the purpose of a daily vlog is to be yourself.
3. My husband does NOT like to be on camera.
4. I need a camera case and lens cleaning kit.
5. My family and friends swear a lot more than I originally noticed!
6. People will judge you for talking to a camera, but I live in Ireland so I get judged either way so hey!
7. Most people are perfectly fine being filmed and are more often than not more than happy to be.
8. Vlogging has boosted my behind camera confidence ten fold!
9. Editing gets faster and easier the more vlogs I record. I am now the iMovie champion! lol
10. I need another hard drive for all of my high res footage which even though uploaded I cannot bring myself to delete.
11. My house is an incredibly dark place and totally unsuitable for any kind of photography! Thanks house!

All things considered I have really enjoyed uploading my life this past month and I think every now and again you can expect to see a vlog here and there pop up on my channel.

So to finish, I would like to say thank you so much as always for all of your support especially during Vlogmas! Some pretty amazing things have happened in this past month alone, from meeting with old friends to learning the important of making new ones. I could not have done any of this without you guys!

If you haven't already checked out Vlogmas with me you can do so by clicking into the video in the link below or clicking HERE to direct you to the playlist.




Signature photo Signature_zps98b94e16.png

No comments :

Post a Comment