4 March 2015

First Impressions | Physicians Formula Organic Wear Loose Powder

I recently ran out of my favourite face powder - Micabella Lady Godiva, but at €40 for 9 grams of product, I wasn't in a rush to repurchase. Especially since as of late, I had noticed the powder was clinging to dry patches on my skin.

I will admit I hadn't done any research regarding a new powder - and resorted back to my makeup drawer to use up some of the remaining setting powders I had.

I was shopping with my husband last weekend and we decided to stop off at TK Maxx. I always like to pop in every couple of weeks and stock up on lashes and other beauty bargains. While I was browsing through beauty I came across Physicians Formula Organic Wear loose powder.

I had heard a lot about Physicians Formula, but it still hasn't fully been released into the Irish market - so I haven't had the opportunity to try any of the products before.

The powder came packaged in a card box with details about the beneficial properties of the powder.


This powder claims to be:
- 100% Natural Origin.
- 100% FREE of Harsh Chemicals, Parabens, Synthetic Preservatives.
- EcoBlend with OrganiSoy & EcoOlive.
- OrganiSoy: Helps even out skin tone and texture.
- EcoOlive: Natural Antioxidant helps shield skin from harsh environmental aggressor.
- Claims to condition and fortify skin.

The product comes packaged in a plastic container complete with a mirror and a compact buffing brush. The powder itself can be separated with a  sifter lid in the inner container.

I have read mixed reviews - but I have been using this powder for almost a week now and I have to say - I actually really like it! Based on my first impressions from using this powder - I have compiled a list of pros and cons.

PROS
- Affordable (€5.99 for 22 grams of product)
- Organic & Cruelty Free.
- Lightweight.
- Even finish.
- Good coverage.
- Brightening.

CONS
- Fly away powder (I cannot find any details about Talc on the ingredients list - but it reacts like Talc when applied which is a little bit of a bummer)
- The flip lid before you get to the sifter is a little annoying.

All in all, I am really happy with this product and so excited to have been able to pick it up at such a bargain! I am definitely considering buying some more!  
Signature photo Signature_zps98b94e16.png

No comments :

Post a Comment