11 May 2015

10 Ridiculous Things People Ask Adult Disney Fans

As a massive Disney fan, I thought I would write a post today about some of the insane things that have been said to me or I have been asked over the years.



1. You do know Disney is for kids right?

Yes because believe it or not, I too was once a child and that is where my love for Disney began. Walt Disney himself once said "You're dead if you only aim for kids, adults are just kids grown up anyways."

2. Would you not go somewhere else on holidays?

I would and we do but nowhere on earth compares to the happiness we feel when we are "home". Walt Disney wanted people to enter Disneyland and feel like nothing else mattered, like they were in a different world, and that is exactly what it feels to be in Disney for us.

3. You don't get pictures with the characters do you?

OF COURSE WE DO! Who goes to Disneyland and doesn't?? Better yet who PAYS for Disneyland and doesn't take full advantage of every single magical experience?

4. Why do you waste your money on Disney junk?

It's not junk to me. Why do you waste your money on alcohol, fancy designer clothes and shoes? Does that sting a bit? Yes? No one should ever have to justify whey they are willing to spend money within reason on something that makes them happy.

5. It's kind of pathetic that you know the background to all the movies.

It's kind of pathetic that you find that pathetic.

6. You go to Disney with no kids?

Yep. We have no children and have been to Disneyland Paris five times and Walt Disney World twice during the course of our relationship. My husband actually proposed to me in Disneyland Paris. We plan on going many many more times before we have children.

7. Wasn't Walt Disney a bigot? 

This is a huge misconception. Walt Disney was a man of his time. That's all I will say on the subject, because it does not affect the happiness or awe I feel every single time I enter the park or watch a movie. Walt Disney is one of the most inspiring people to me.

8. It doesn't matter if it's not Disney, everything animated is Disney to me. 

Oh it matters! lol

9. But .. you've no kids .. so can mine just skip you in the queue?

No. Just because I have no children does not mean that I don't want to take part in the events in the park any less than you do. As a matter of fact as two adults staying on property, we have likely paid more for  / just as much for our stay as you and have every right to enjoy every aspect as much as anyone else.

10. Why Disney?

Disney is much more than a "brand name" for us. It's a way of life, a lifestyle if you will. Clothing, decor, art, principles, morals - many of us employ various Disney attributes in the course of our lives without even thinking about it. Disney has been bringing magic and hope to audiences of all ages for over 90 years. As long as Disney continues inspiring and encouraging imagination there will be magic in the world.

Are you a Disney fan? Let me know in the comments section what your favourite Disney memory or movie is :)
Signature photo Signature_zps98b94e16.png

No comments :

Post a Comment