13 May 2015

Recipe | Banana Porridge with Maple Syrup

Good morning lovelies!

Today I wanted to share one of my favourite breakfast treats with you guys and that is my delicious organic porridge with banana, maple syrup and of course a sprinkle of cinnamon!


Porridge is one of my favourite breakfast staples! It is so versatile and goes well with such a massive variety of toppings. My favourite way to eat porridge believe it or not is as plain as it gets, made on water with a dash of milk after cooking and a hearty spoonful of sugar - just as my Mammy used to make for me.

This recipe comes in a close second! I absolutely love every single ingredient in this dish - so let me show you how its done!

Hearty Banana Porridge

Preparation Time: 2 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Total: 10 - 12 minutes

Ingredient List:


1/2 cup Organic Porridge Oats / Oats of your choice
1 cup Semi-Skimmed Milk
1 large Banana
1 tbsp Maple Syrup
Cinnamon to taste

Method:

1. Add your oats and milk to a large saucepan and turn your heat on medium to high.

2. Add a small pinch of salt and stir.
3. Once bubbling turn your heat down and simmer for 6 minutes. Make sure you stir your porridge often to ensure that it does not stick to your pan. If your porridge becomes too thick - you could add a small dash of water at a time and stir to a creamier consistency. I like to keep a cup of water beside me as I am cooking and add in small intervals if needed.

4.While your porridge is bubbling away, cut your banana in half. Peel one half and mash to a smooth consistency using a fork. Put the other half to one side for toppings later.
5. Add your mashed banana to your porridge and cook for a further minute.

6. Take your porridge off the heat and pour into your bowl.

7. Slice the remainder of your banana and top your porridge.

8. Swirl a tablespoon of maple syrup around your porridge and finish off with a sprinkle cinnamon to taste.


Alternative / Substitute toppings:

Try honey instead of maple syrup or even a light sprinkle of muscavado brown sugar instead of cinnamon!

You could of course also add some toasted almonds, seeds or nuts to give your porridge some crunch!

Yummy!

Signature photo Signature_zps98b94e16.png

No comments :

Post a Comment