10 May 2015

Welcoming back The Hatbox Ghost

Last week I received a request on my Facebook page to create a makeup look inspired by the Hatbox Ghost from Disney's Haunted Mansion attraction.


For those of you not familiar with this character or why he is dominating Disney news at the moment, let me give you a brief background. The Hatbox Ghost was first introduced to the original Haunted Mansion ride in Disneyland on opening but removed shortly after due to technical difficulties with his "disappearing head" effect. The desired effect was that the spectres head disappear from his body and re-appear inside the hatbox he is carrying, but according to reports of the original ride through - the effect did not fully turn off back lighting on the ghost face thus affecting the overall impact of the character. The character was subsequently removed from the "attic scene" only to reappear on 40th anniversary Haunted Mansion promotional merchandise. The Hatbox Ghost also became a popular subject for many Disney artists and there is an abundance of some amazing artwork featuring this character.

On May 9th 2015 the Hatbox Ghost was re-introducted to the Haunted Mansion attraction and is exciting fans again with new upgraded animatronics and special effects! I hope one day soon in the future my husband and I will have the opportunity to visit the attraction and see him in person ourselves!

For now, I really enjoyed creating my take on the Hatbox Ghost using makeup and I hope you did too!




A massive thank you again to my subscriber Jake for requesting this look. Keep an eye out for more Haunted Mansion themed makeup tutorials in the near future.
Signature photo Signature_zps98b94e16.png

No comments :

Post a Comment