3 June 2015

May Favourites 2015

Hey my lovelies,

Today I wanted to share some of my May favourites with you.


I'm going to start with my beauty favourites for last month. 

Boots Botanics Hydrating Day Cream

I've been using this moisturiser since the end of April and I really love it. I find it hard to find a moisturiser that really nourishes my skin and I am beginning to see noticeable improvements in my skin since using this one in conjunction with the night cream and skin toning products from the same range.

Boots Botanics Micellar 3 in 1 Cleansing Solution
Another great product from this range, this was the first "Botanics" item I tried. 
I actually ended up picking it up by mistake when I was looking for a toner and since then I have been hooked!

It is beautifully nourishing and refreshing on my skin and removes my makeup better than any cleansing solution I have used in the past. 

Tesco Pro Formula Hydrating Cleansing Wipes
Another product I have been using for a long time, but I felt I had to include them as they are just so great. Take away the fact the are a mere 0.79c a pack - these wipes are just fantastic! 

They are great for makeup removal and also for a quick refresh when your skin is feeling a bit dry and worse for wear. I stock up on these wipes religiously because I love them so much!

Urban Decay Perversion Mascara
I will admit I am pretty biased when it comes to anything by Urban Decay. I absolutely love the entire range of products they have to offer. 
However, while I normally would find myself first in line for new releases - I wasn't overly interested in the release of Perversion late last year. 

This particular one I am using actually came in my Naked on the Run kit which my husband bought me for Christmas. I have been using it ever since, but its only in the last month that I have began to notice how great this product really is! 
I kid you not, this may be hands down the best mascara I have ever used. 

Firstly, I have been using the travel sized version since January day in day out and still have plenty left. In addition my lashes feel nourished and strong. I have also noticed that since I started using this mascara my lashes appear to be quite significantly longer too which is a massive bonus.

This product doesn't clump, doesn't make my lashes feel in any way brittle. The result is beautiful full, dark natural looking lashes.

I would to see a waterproof formula come to market.

Maybelline Brow Drama
I have actually had this product in my makeup drawer since last summer and never really used it. It was an impulse buy in Boots during a 3 for 2 promotion but not something I would ever go out of my way to purchase.

As many of you know who watch my videos, my brow routine generally consists of me shaping my brows with MAC's Charcoal Brown eyeshadow and then filling them in with the same. That has pretty much been my go to brow routine for the past two maybe three years.

I started using Brow Drama last month in a bid to help my brows look a bit more natural and this stuff is great! I have no idea why I haven't used it until now.

I think the best thing about this product is that it is particularly great for brushing through your brows when you don't have time for your full routine. It just adds a subtle hint of colour and helps to tame any stray hairs.

NYX Matte Lipstick
I decided to use the shade Bloody Mary as an example for my favourites today, simply because I love a nice matte red lip, but I also have the shade Audrey which is a coral pink shade perfect for summer.
I cannot even explain how much I love this product.

First of all, it is incredibly hard to find a NYX stockist near my home, so when my husband took me to Dundrum Shopping Centre a few weeks ago - I made it my mission to pop into the local pharmacy on the main street which I knew stocked NYX.

This lipstick does what it says - it is a matte highly pigmented lipstick. This particular shade is so beautiful as many of the red shades I own are more of blue toned red and this one reminds me so much of the classic old Hollywood red lip trend.

The formula is soft and blendable and very moisturising as far as matte lipsticks go.

I applied this lipstick at 5 pm the other day and I did not need to top it up until 11pm that night!

Urban Decay Vice 3 Palette
This has been my go to palette for the month of May.

Again, this was something I received as a gift for Christmas but haven't really had the chance to properly play around with yet.

What I love most about this palette is that it has a nice balance of neutral matte colours vs brighter smokey, metallic and shimmery colours. 
Another of my favourite features when it comes to this palette is the grouping of the shades in such a way that they compliment each other. For example, if you "read" the shades vertically you will see each collection of four shadows works really well together as a colour palette.

Manic Panic "Amplified" Vegan Hair Dye
I've been using Manic Panic since last year when I first began to dye my hair red. I love the amplified version of these colours because they last 2 - 3 weeks longer than the standard "paint pot" versions.

I have gotten two full head applications out of this bottle as well as several conditioner top ups and I still have a small amount of product yet.

This particular shade is called "Purple Haze" and while it is not quite as purple as I had hoped on my hair, I am still quite happy with the beautiful results I have gotten so far.

Manic Panic's Vegan formula is so mild on the hair that you can leave it in over night to get maximum colour payoff.

Radox Uplifting Pink Grapefruit & Basil Bodywash
This is a fairly recent purchase as far as the rest of my May favourites go but I am loving it so far.

This is one of those "wake me up" shower gels that just hit you with a burst of freshness when you use them.

The scent is warm and invigorating. Certainly a feel good fragrance.

Swarovski Tinkerbell

Moving on to accessories, my Swarovski Tinkerbell necklace which Shane bought me a few years ago for my birthday has been my accessory of choice the past month.

While I do enjoy jewellery, I often forget to put it on. My normal daily jewellery basically consists of my engagement and wedding ring - and that is pretty much it.

Last month however, I decided I would like to accessorise a little more and I found myself choosing this particular necklace each time.

I actually own three different styles of Swarovski Tinkerbell necklaces in total, but I think the appeal of this one for me is the beautiful detail in the wings. It is one main reasons I have similar detail in my Tinkerbell tattoo.

Movie of the Month : Big Hero 6
We haven't had the opportunity to go to the cinema for the past few months, so I was incredibly excited about the release of Big Hero 6 on DVD.

I watched this movie three times in the space of 24 hours when we first picked it up because it is just that good.

I even did a Baymax inspired makeup tutorial which you can check out here:


The story follows Hiro, and exceptionally brainy and talented young boy, who after experiencing a traumatic loss in his personal life, forms an unlikely friendship with a robot called Baymax. While Hiro's mind is exceptional, his ability to deal with his loss begins to overcome him, but through the support he gains from Baymax and his friends he begins to learn the true value of sacrifice, friendship and loyalty.

This movie is so wonderful on so many levels. It is emotional, hilarious and adorable with a very important message.

BIG HERO 6 TRAILER

And last but not least - the song which I could not stop listening to during the month of May. Yes, we are country lovers here! ;) 

Although,  the new album by the Zac Brown Band certainly has a bit of everything for everyone. So give it a shot and let me know what you think!



Thanks so much for checking out my May favourites today.

Let me know in the comments what were some of your favourite thing about May?

Signature photo Signature_zps98b94e16.png

No comments :

Post a Comment