12 June 2015

My Evening Skincare Routine

Today's blogpost is a little late, because I wanted to share my evening skincare routine today.
I have always been really bad at trying to keep up a consistent skincare routine, but as I'm getting older, I'm noticing how dry and fragile my skin is becoming.

From a young age I have had acne which has improved greatly with the help of medication. However, years of using abrasive acne lotions on my skin has caused a significant amount of redness and well as dry cracked and damaged skin. 

Wearing makeup has become important to me not just because it makes me feel good, but because it forces me to remember to maintain my skin and treat it right. 

I have been using the following products over the last few weeks to try and replenish moisture in my skin as well as improve the redness and scarring I have. So far, I love the results and while my skin is still quite dry, I am beginning to notice small changes for the better. 


MY EVENING SKINCARE ROUTINE


STEP ONE - MAKEUP REMOVAL | WIPES

My evening routine has started with Tesco Pro wipes for almost a year now.


I know I mentioned these in a favourite blog recently, but I cannot praise them enough. They are probably the best wipes I have come across for quick makeup removal. They're hydrating and perfect for my sensitive skin. Plus, at only 0.79c a pack at the moment - you can't really go wrong!

One wipe is large and damp enough to remove all of my makeup, including my eye makeup.

I stock up my cabinets with these wipes weekly!


STEP TWO - EYE MAKEUP REMOVER

While my wipes are great, they aren't incredibly effective at removing heavier makeup such as mascara.

I have been using the same one for a couple of years and I love it and that is the Nivea Essentials Extra Gentle Eye Makeup Remover.

I use this with a cotton pad and apply it on a closed eye, gently pressing and patting until all of my mascara and other residual eye makeup has been removed.


STEP THREE - SKIN CLEANSER | MICELLAR WATER


I picked this up about two months ago after running out of my normal cleanser. I was interested to try this, as I had read that micellar water was not only a quicker way of cleansing your skin, but also much more beneficial.

Even though I have already removed the brunt of my makeup using my wipes and eye makeup remover, you will be surprised how much residual makeup is left on your face. This micellar water does a great job in not just removing any remaining makeup, but also soothing my skin.

I apply a generous amount to a cotton pad and apply to my face and neck.


STEP FOUR - TONER 


Moving on to toner, I absolutely love the Boots Botanics All Bright range and this toner is gorgeous. It is so mild and refreshing on my skin.

I apply a small amount to cotton wool and sweep all over my face and neck.


STEP FIVE - MOISTURISER


As part of my evening routine, I really enjoy using Boots Botanics Hydrating Night Cream. It is a thicker consistency formula to their day cream, but incredibly hydrating overnight.

It is not as greasy as other night creams I have tried in the past, and really does seem to make a difference to my skin overnight. 

I apply several dots around my face and massage into my face and neck using my hands. 


STEP SIX - EYE CREAM


I have only really started using eye cream the past few weeks. Since this was my first venture with eye cream I picked up this Simply Sensitive hydrating eye cream from Boots. 

I apply several dots under my eyes and two dots on my lid. I think gently smooth the cream in using my ring finger. 


STEP SEVEN - LIP BALM


Finally, I give my lips some much needed TLC with Forever Aloe's "Aloe Lips". I picked this lip balm up at Christmas and it is the moist nourishing and moisturising lip balm I have used. It is also enriched with aloe vera and jojoba essentially creating first aid in a stick. 

I always keep this lip balm handy. 

That's it for my evening skincare regime. I suppose looking at it in written form, it seems quite long and like a lot of effort but in reality it takes less than ten minutes to complete start to finish. 

What are your go to skincare products? 
Signature photo Signature_zps98b94e16.png

No comments :

Post a Comment