30 July 2015

Countdown to Urban Decay's Naked Smoky Palette Release

With only a week to go until Urban Decay release their latest instalment in the Naked collection, I thought I would take the opportunity to have a little preview of the gorgeous Naked Smoky palette. 

Follow the Countdown at Debenhams.ie 

It's no secret that I am an Urban Decay addict. I counted no less than ELEVEN of their palettes in my current makeup collection the other day. 

Already part of my beauty arsenal are:
- The Deluxe Shadowbox (which is almost 5 years old but I can't bare to part with)
- Book of Shadows Volume IV
- Vice
- Vice 3
- Naked
- Naked 2
- Naked 3
- Naked on the Run
- Anarchy Face Case
- Oz Theodora Palette
- Oz Glinda Palette

So as you can imagine when I heard they were releasing not only a new palette, but a new Naked palette AND a new Naked palette which would feature PURPLE shades .. I was very excited!

I have already seen a sneak peek and some swatches over on my friend Lainamarie91's blog a few weeks back, so I know this is a must have for my own collection, but I wanted to know more so I contacted Urban Decay myself to get the low down on what makes this palette so special. 

Let's start as always with the packaging which is made of a sturdy plastic and very similar to the previous Naked release "Naked on the Run". One thing I love about Urban Decay is theming and this palette is no different. Beautifully adorned with smokey swirls and mysterious floating shadow pans, this palette with look great in any makeup lovers collection.

Moving onto palette features, UD promises a palette packed full of all the essentials in creating the perfect smokey eye. Not only do you get the palette but also included is a double ended synthetic brush featuring a tapered brush on one end and a smudger brush on the other. In addition, you will also receive a look book which will break down and teach you how to create various smokey looks. As always this palette also features a full sized mirror perfect for creating looks on the go.

Each eyeshadow in the new palette also features UD exclusive pigment infusion system. This is what gives UD shadows their beautiful blendable texture and staying power. The palette contains nine new UD shades and three exclusives. The palette also features a variety of fun textures to play with when creating your "Smoky" look including mattes, satins and my personal favourite glitter shades.

Urban Decay's Naked Smoky releases in Ireland on August 6th.

What do you think of the new palette? Will you be adding it to your collection?
Signature photo Signature_zps98b94e16.png

*This is not a sponsored post.

No comments :

Post a Comment