31 August 2015

What's in my Bag? | Hospital Edition

I meant to post this before my surgery date, but I was so anxious I forced myself to bed early the night before.

I thought I would post it anyway for anyone interested in what was in my hospital bag :)


I was admitted a few weeks ago for surgery on my right foot. Even though my surgery would only take a couple of hours, it would still result in some significant trauma on my foot. I wasn't aware how much would be needed to be done until the actual day, but I was advised to pack an overnight bag at least to keep me occupied. 

Lets start with the bag itself.


My beautiful bag is a gorgeous paisley print by Vera Bradley which was kindly sent to me by a good friend of mine from the US. The bag is from the Midnight with Mickey collection and is covered in beautiful floral designs with Minnie and Mickey hidden amongst them. This is my all time favourite bag and huge! Perfect for overnight or weekend trips.


The first and most important thing to put in my bag was my slippers and dressing gown. Both of which are from F&F for Tesco. I have to admit, Tesco is my guilty pleasure for clothing. Their clothing is fantastic quality and affordable. What more could you want?


Moving on to jammies. I was told I wouldn't need any as I was only staying one night and they would provide me with a hospital gown. However, I preferred to bring a pair of shorts and some spare tops just in case. The pink top and shorts in the picture are actually a pyjamas set, which again I got from Tesco - the blue top is just a plain comfy t-shirt.


Anyone who knows me personally, knows I am a stickler for personal hygiene and in particular sanitisers. So I brought not one, not two but three packets of wipes with me. 
  • Baby wipes for well, getting rid of my aptly named "Cappagh Tan" aka iodine post surgery. 
  • Hydrating face wipes.
  • Hand Sanitising wet wipes - since I would be restricted to my hospital bed for more than 24 hours. 

My cosmetic bag is from an old "couture" Minnie Mouse collection by the Disney Store. 


Now I know a lot of you will be reading this and say - why bother bringing makeup to the hospital? But I at least wanted the option of having it there in the event I felt well enough to put some on. Let's just say, I haven't opened my cosmetic bag since the day before my surgery. I have just been exhausted, and I was so full of medication the next day that I hardly remember what happened. Needless to say, taking my cosmetic case was probably a waste of time, but I was happy to have it there if I needed it. In the case I had:
  • Pacifica Body Butter - Indian Coconut Nectar
  • Soap & Glory Hand Food
  • Soap & Glory Hand Maid (Yes more hand sanitiser)
  • Minnie Mouse Compact Mirror
  • Sonya by Forever Aloe Skin Serum
  • Sonya by Forever Aloe Flawless BB Cream - Nude
  • Catrice Prime & Fine Finishing Powder
  • MAC Mineralize Blush - Dainty
  • Maybelline Brow Drama - Light Brown
  • Urban Decay Super Saturated Lip Colour - Glinda
  • Urban Decay Mascara - Perversion
  • Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - Light

Next to pack - toiletries. 
  • Electric toothbrush which I love and picked up for a bargain in the New Year sales at Boots. This one is by Braun. 
  • My Colgate toothpaste - I don't really have a preference when it comes to toothpaste to be honest, we normally just pick up whatever is on offer. 
  • Finally my holy grail of deodorants which my friend had to actually stock up on for me the last time she was in the US for work - Secret Scent Expressions Gel Deodorant. I came across this stuff when we visited Florida in 2013 and fell in love with it! Not only did it work great as an antiperspirant in the hot humid Florida climate, but it kept my underarms incredibly moisturised and slowed down hair regrowth! I wanted to take a roll on form of deodorant since I knew I would be on some kind of ward and didn't want to be using sprays in case other people had sensitivity to things like that.

Of course a few other every day necessities were needed:
  • Glasses
  • Hair brush
  • Hair Ties
  • Hand Towel

Preparing myself for an overnight stay, I knew I would need to take a few things to keep me entertained. 
  • Phone charger
  • Ear phones
  • Reading material
Although I will say, I was so exhausted the only thing I actually managed to do was listen to music.



Finally, I took some zip-loc bags which have become an obsession of mine for literally everything! I took these for any soiled clothing or personals I wanted to keep separate from the rest of the items in my bag.


Last but not least, who could forget my personal healthcare assistant - mini Baymax to bring me a little bit of luck! 

Have you ever been in hospital before? What is your must have essential for an overnight stay?
Signature photo Signature_zps98b94e16.png

2 comments :

  1. i love how you love disney like me! Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks <3 It's a healthy obsession to have! :D

      Delete