22 September 2015

Recipe | Pumpkin Spice Latte

Pumpkin spice everything season is here and today I wanted to share with you a beautiful recipe showing you how to make your very own pumpkin spice latte at home! 


One of my favourite warm seasonal drinks is the Pumpkin Spiced Latte! Last week I popped out with a friend of mine, and of course couldn't resist grabbing one as we passed Starbucks! Can I just take a moment to say how gorgeous the Autumn themed Starbucks cups are this year? 


While I really enjoyed it, I find lately that flavoured coffees have just become a little too sweet. I think the really thick syrups they use to flavour the coffees have lost their appeal for me at least. So I took to the web to find a great recipe that I could tweak to suit my taste buds! 

So if you would like to know how you too can make your own Pumpkin Spiced Latte at home .. keep reading! 

Let's get started with the spices:
If you live in Ireland like me, Pumpkin Pie Spice is not something easily obtained. 
  • Simply measure out the ingredients above.
  • Pour all ingredients into a small ziploc bag. 
  • Close the bag and shake to mix.
  • Cut the corner off your bag and carefully transfer into your desired container.
You don't have to spend a fortune on fancy containers either! I simply re-used an old spice container I had in my kitchen. I popped a chalkboard sticker which you can get at most craft / home stores, filled in my label and voila! 



With our essential pumpkin pie spice down, now we can move on to making our coffee!

  • Pour your milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla and spices into a saucepan and place over a medium heat.
  • Bring your pan up to a gentle simmer and bask in the glory of the smell as it wafts through your home.
  • Prepare your coffee. For my coffee I used my Dolce Gusto Grande pod, and filled my cup about 1/4  of the way. 
  • Add sugar to your coffee. I normally take two teaspoons of sugar anyway, but you can of course add more to taste. 
  • CAREFULLY whisk your latte mixture over the heat to create a nice frothy texture. 
  • Add your milk mixture to your coffee stirring well. 

Edit*
For a creamier latte - remove the pumpkin pulp by straining your coffee into your cup.



Top with some freshly whipped cream and a generous sprinkle of your pumpkin pie spice and you're done! Quick, easy, delicious and not to mention much cheaper than the coffee house counterpart .. and the best part .. you can sit back and relax in your own home, curled up with your coffee and a good book (or a good blog or two)!



Stuck for some great book suggestions - check out my friend Amanda's fantastic blog GoBookYourself.

Tried this recipe? Let me know in the comments what you do to personalise your coffee! 

Signature photo Signature_zps98b94e16.png

6 comments :

  1. I am so trying this! It looks amazing. I find Starbucks very sweet at times too. Thanks for the mention at the end! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem <3 Thank so much!! I hope you'll love it! :)

      Delete
  2. We don't really drink coffee and we don't have a coffee maker, but I really want to try this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing! I'm dairy intolerant, and I was at a vegan friend's house the other day. She'd run out of soya milk (or BEAAAAN SQUEEEEZINGS as I like to call it) and put coconut milk in the coffee instead. It was unbelievable. I can totally see that, and some coconut cream working in this recipe. Or, oat cream. That's my favourite cream substitute, it has the perfect silky texture.

    ReplyDelete