21 October 2015

DIY Halloween Flower Arrangement

Today I have another cute Halloween inspired DIY project to share with you.



I have had the jar for a few years. Normally I fill it with candy or other goodies for Halloween, but this year I came across a Pin which showed you how to arrange flowers in a pumpkin. I loved the idea  but not so much the fact that the pumpkin would eventually go bad and smell up my house. As I was rummaging through my Halloween decorations, I pulled out this glass jar and thought it would make the perfect substitute! It is still in sale in Euro Saver for only €1.50.


This project really is super easy and incredibly affordable (especially if you grab your flowers from the end of day reductions section). My flowers for this arrangement however came from Lidl and cost me a whopping €3.98. I picked up Geminis in orange and cream in keeping with a Halloween colour palette. 


It took me a while to arrange my flowers in a way that I was happy with. I started with simply arranging all the stems the same length and then cutting them short enough to sit in the pumpkin jar. 

Then I decided I would prefer to create a more shapely arrangement since I would be placing my pumpkin on my mantle and I didn't want the flowers to be squished against the wall. I began pulling all the flowers to the front and "stepping" them until I got a shape I was happy with. It would have been much easier to create a "shaped" arrangement with some oasis, which I didn't have on hand at the time, but I made good with what I had and tied off the stems with some elastic before trimming them all to the same height. 

This was the end result:


Overall I was really happy with how it turned out. You can of course as I mentioned use Oasis to help shape your arrangement and hide it by using something like those gel water beads you can buy from most garden centres. 

Whatever you decide to do, I would love to see it so don't forget to head over to one of my social network pages and share your DIY projects with me!
Signature photo Signature_zps98b94e16.png

No comments :

Post a Comment