19 December 2015

Update & Beauty Swap Unboxing with Lainamarie91



Wowza! It's been almost two weeks since I have updated my blog! Where is time going!? I was fully convinced I was in total control and prepared for Christmas but the past two weeks have been pretty busy hence the lack of new material. You guys know me, I like to be present in the moment and I'm just no good at planning ahead or scheduling posts, so my apologies. 

I have also been kind of stuck in a rut content wise come to speak of it. These past two weeks I have really struggled for the first time since revamping my blog to try and think of new and interesting content for you guys. 

With the majority of my Christmas preparations now out of the way, I finally feel like I can sit down and focus on writing and creating new posts. 

Today I suppose I just wanted to do a brief catch up, a general update if you will on what I have been doing with myself these past few weeks. 

Vlogmas

As many of you may know - I have been doing Vlogmas again this year, although as mentioned - I have been finding it hard to keep my channel updated with interesting vlogs. So while I have been filming every day - I have chosen to upload only every other day as I'm sure you guys don't want to see my wandering around my sitting room or saying I need to clean my house a thousand times in a day! Haha!

You can catch my Vlogmas videos on my Youtube channel. I have been adding them to a playlist over the course of the past two weeks. One of my favourite days so far has definitely been attending this years An Nuadha pantomime production of The Snow Queen. 


Surgery Recovery

I really feel like I have made a massive improvement since my last update. I had a really bad week the first of December, the cold was really bothering me and I woke up several nights with pains and aches. This week however, I feel like my limp is growing less and less severe as each day passes. Obviously over exerting myself or walking for too long - it becomes very prominent again but in general I feel like my body is finally starting to get some strength back and responding to my physio exercises. 

I met a colleague and good friend of mine today for coffee, as we have done every few weeks since this all started. I was taken aback when she told me how good it was to see me smiling and regaining that spark of my old self again. It made me stop and think for a moment about what was so different about Amy now and Amy six months ago aside from finally making it to surgery. Although my body is beaten and somedays I struggle to find the strength I need to get through the day, I definitely feel more positive and more encouraged by my progress and that is all I need for now to keep me going.

Beauty Swap | USA to Ireland

Last but not least, I want to share my latest video with you all. I had the opportunity to work on a few video collaborations with my wonderful Youtube friend Alaina Lainamarie91. We have known each other for quite a while now! We began chatting in the early days of both of our channels and have stayed in contact ever since! Alaina lives in the United States and we had been playing around with the idea of doing a Beauty Swap for some time.

We have both had hectic years. While I have been prepping and planning for surgery (pre and post op) working on boosting my blog and rediscovering my love of crafting, Alaina has moved into a new home, married her long time sweetheart Justin and they are now expecting their first child! I could not be more excited for them! So if you have made it this far into this post, please make sure to head to Alaina's channel or blog and congratulate them! She has been documenting her pregnancy on her vlog channel LainasLife also which I for one am incredibly excited to keep up to date with over the next few months!

As the year is drawing a close, we finally got around to sending each other some beauty goodies! I cannot begin to tell you how much I enjoyed putting Alaina's box together! Even though we have never met in person, I found myself constantly seeing new things and thinking "Alaina would love that!" I really hope that one day we have the opportunity to meet face to face!


Alaina's video:


Along with our beauty swap collaboration we have also teamed up to do a Holiday makeup collab using Urban Decay's Naked Smokey palette as the core makeup item. I will be doing the Christmas portion of the makeup and Alaina the New Years - so be sure to SUBSCRIBE to both of our channels so you don't miss out on any more updates. We are planning to have the videos go live on Monday, so be sure to check back! 


That's it from me today! I am so glad I decided to write this little update, because I am already brainstorming a bunch of ideas of next week! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

After all .. it's only FIVE more sleeps until Christmas!!!
Signature photo Signature_zps98b94e16.png

2 comments :

  1. Aww thanks Amy, you always have such sweet things to say! And it's great to hear that your friend can see you improving too! I love reading your blog and getting to hear just a little slice of your life and that you're feeling stronger and are getting back to your old self! I'm glad your recovery is going well! Merry Christmas Amy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Merry Christmas to you too <3 I hope that 2016 will be just as exciting and filled with even more joy xx

      Delete